Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Back to the Drawing Board

Back to the drawing board

Sometimes you just have to wipe the board clean and start all over. It is not easy but sometimes it is necessary. Revamping the blog and revamping my podcast is something that it is happening as I am writing this. The D Spot is no more. If you never heard of it , that was my old blog. If you are reading this, welcome to D Powerhouse Chronicles!

Who am I? Good question!

Hello I am Enrique Pallares aka Pato Morningstar. I am the host of Pato's Powerhouse and 1/2 of the podcast Cursory Overload. I am also the founder of The Podcast Shack which distributes such podcasts. And if you want to take a wild guess, yes. I am the writer of this blog.

 

How did I get involved in podcasting?

Becoming a podcaster was a wonderful by-product of going along with my friend's shenanigans. Eric Kinner aka K-Dogg started talking about podcasts back in 2010, and 2011. At that time the technology to maintain and run a podcast was very scary for the regular everyday person. So most of us would just look at him and say something to the effect of "yeah it would be very cool", but that's as far as it went.

Fast forward to 2017 the technology became friendlier. Found an easy-to-use app to podcast which we continue to use to this very day, and the rest is history


Originally I didn't want to be behind the microphones. I still had a lot of religious reservations. I was only going to ghost write material and help him produce the show.

While testing out the app for podcasting, Pato D'Ghostwriter's Show was created. I took it for a spin and got hooked.

4 years last December

Time flies when you're having fun they say, and apparently is true. December marked the fourth year anniversary for Cursory Overload and Pato's Powerhouse (formerly Pato D'Ghostwriter's Show).

It's been 4 years and we are still complete unknowns to the podcast world, for the most part.

Part of it is the lack of consistency, not because we don't want to record, but because we have to work. Unlike other people that podcast for a living, what we do it's mainly for fun. Of course we would love for this to become the job, but until then, we have to continue with a 9 to 5.

To be continued...



No comments:

Post a Comment